Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Diaper Wipes

You may be wondering, what kind of wipes do cloth diapering people use? 

To be honest, it really varies!  I have friends who use disposable wipes and just put a trash can next to the diaper pail.  We use disposable wipes at daycare...these are the ones that I found to be the least expensive with the least amount of unrecognizable ingredients without going into the uber-green wipe category. 

Anyways!  At home we use cloth wipes...for me it's easiest to toss the diaper and the wipes all into one pail.  It's also somewhat therapeutic to stack them all as I'm putting the diaper laundry away. 

What kind of cloth wipes to buy?  There are so many different cloth diaper specific wipes available, and they're all stinkin expensive!!! 

My secret!!
We bought white gerber washcloths!!  Eight for $5 at Babies 'R Us...and you can usually find a coupon for 20% off! 
48 for $30 - Gerber washcloths
48 for $60 - cloth diaper brands

To use them, I just stack them, run water through them and then wring out the excess.  I keep them in an old tupperware lid.  For a while I folded them in half and kept them in a larger glad ware container.  Either works!  Here's a pic of our wipes :o)


 

Do you think you'll use cloth wipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love cloth diapering and hope I can help you love it too! Please keep comments clean and nice! Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...