Monday, June 13, 2011

My diaper pail

Here's a pic of my diaper pail....as you can see...I'm not hitting the "wash every two days" thing. 

We ran into an issue with our Fuzzibunz OS diapers!!  We'd been using them about six months, and all of a sudden they wouldn't hold ANY liquid. 

Pumpkin wakes up from a nap and the crib is soaked (thank heavens for those waterproof pads and the ultimate crib sheet!).  It was annoying for me, but pretty much unacceptable for daycare.  So we stripped the diapers...a BUNCH of different ways:
  1. Scrubbed each diaper with a couple drops of original Dawn Dish Soap and a toothbrush
  2. Ran a couple of loads with a teaspoon of Dawn Dish Soap and then rinsed rinsed rinsed until no soap bubbles.
  3. Added a 1/4 cup of Oxi-clean and then rinsed rinsed rinsed until no soap bubbles
  4. Purchased some Rockin Green (cloth diaper specific soap) and did an overnight soak with the detergent and then rinsed rinsed rinsed.
NO difference.  If anything, things got worse.  So, I contacted fuzzibunz via their website, explained my situation, and they said "send them back"!  I just got the new ones (BRAND new, still in package) on Friday, and a couple of leggings thrown in to make up for the shipping I had to pay.

All that to say, we've been using disposables at daycare and prefolds at home.  With so few diapers, it hardly seemed worth it to do a load...and then my days off and the weekend hit and WAM!  Laundry time!

Happy to report we're back on track and pumpkin drifting off to sleep in a prefold.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Wonder what caused them to malfunction like that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible customer service! :o) I often let more than 2 days go between washing, & I haven't had a problem yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love cloth diapering and hope I can help you love it too! Please keep comments clean and nice! Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...