Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pocket Diaper Brands

This post is a LONG time in coming!  Sorry for the hiatas...it's been so nice out that I've been shirking my blogging! 

So, here it is.  There are SOOOO many brands of pocket diapers.  Probably because Bum Genius really put some publicity on this format, and it's such an easy format to introduce to non-cloth diaper users.  Here's the post on what a pocket diaper is like

Top to brands that you hear about are the Bum Genius and the Fuzzibunz:

These come in both an aplix (velcro) and snap closure.  You can get these at target.com in either aplix or snap.  This is a super nice option if you're on your first baby and find yourself overwhelmed with target gift cards - a great way to start your collection of cloth diapers! 

These are the one-size format, adjusted with three rows of snaps on the front.  The  fit is supposed to be from 8-35 pounds, but generally newborns are harder to fit (even if your baby is around 8 pounds like my niece). 

The 4.0 indicates that this is the fourth version.  New and improved, they say.  And actually, it's true.  This is the first version with snaps as a standard option.  They've also made some improvements as far as fit. 


These come in just a snap closure and claim to be the longest existing pocket diaper on the market.  These need to be purchased at a cloth diaper retailer.  There are several sites/stores in the twin cities area - I got my first set at mysweetpickles.  My second set I got from Nicki's Diapers in Madison (free shipping).  (Why a second set?  Story of my situation, here.)

These are the one-size format as well, adjusted with buttons and elastic in the legs and the waist.  The fit is supposed to be from 8-35 pounds, and these definitely fit newborns.  With the elastic, you can adjust to MUCH smaller than 8 pounds - you'll just have a super cute poofy baby bum.  :o)  You get a second set of elastic for replacement (what typically gives out first in these diapers).  So, these will definitely last through all 2-3 years of diapering on a child, and probably through a second. 

We went with the fuzzibunz because of the extra elastic and the ability to fit any size newborn.  I was hoping for a small baby and we ended up with a nine pound chunker.  Maybe the second one will be smaller....here's hoping!

  • Kawaii Baby

We bought a few of these as my friend sells them!  They're definitely a lower quality, but at 10 bucks a pop, you can buy twice as many.  They come with two inserts per pocket, and we use them as a cover!  It was actually my friend's suggestion to do this.  I can get through at least a day with four covers (longer if there's not much pooping happening).  I picked up some prefolds to use too - I just lay them on top of the pocket.  We're four months in and still love them.  Snap closures!  Leave a comment if you want some of these and I'll send you her email. 

Here are some other brands - with links to view pics and current prices.
BabyKicks - $18.50
Blueberry - $19.95
Bum Genius 4.0 - $17.95
BumWear - $16.95
Fuzzibunz - $19.95
Happy Heinys - $18.95
Kawaii Baby - $10.00 (if you're interested in these, leave me a comment as my friend sells them!)
Knickernappies - $19.95
Rocky Mountain - $17.95
Rumparooz - $23.50
SoftBumx Omni - $20.95
Thirsties Duo - $17.75
Tiny Tush - $19.95 (my good friend uses these and looooves them - if you're in Madison, she got them at Happy Bambino.  They no longer sell online, booo)
Tweedle Bugs - $12.95

Are there other brands of pocket diapers you've seen and want included in this list?  Are there questions I didn't answer about this? Let me know and I'll add it!

Next up, time and savings for commenter Josh!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. good to know they sell bum genius at target. i have never noticed them before. where are they located? near the disposables? i actually have some store credit to target and that would be a great way to spend the money!

    ReplyDelete

I love cloth diapering and hope I can help you love it too! Please keep comments clean and nice! Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...